Wabco India: Promoter begins to offload stake via OFS

Wabco India: Promoter begins to offload stake via OFS

Shares of Wabco India slumped 10% to Rs 5,510 on the BSE in the intra-day trade on Thursday after the promoter’s two days stake sale through offer-for-sale (OFS) route began today.
The floor price has been fixed at Rs 5,450 a share, an 11% discount to Wednesday’s closing price of Rs 6,102 apiece on the BSE. The issue opened on Thursday for non-retail investors and will open on Friday for retail investors.
As per the stake sale plan, the promoter ZF International UK will offload 18.10% stake (Base Issue: 9.05% + Oversubscription Issue: 9.05%) through OFS. The sale is being undertaken by the seller for achieving the minimum public shareholding requirement in the company.

As on December 2020, the promoters, Wabco Asia Private (75%) and ZF International UK (18.11%), collectively held 93.11% stake in the auto parts and equipment company.
Meanwhile, according to Wabco India, a well thought out vehicle scrappage policy with incentives is likely to spur demand for commercial vehicles in the short to medium term. Adoption of digital connectivity solutions will make fleets more efficient and cost-effective.

Meanwhile, the government’s FAME-II scheme has led to an increase in the adoption of electric buses in the country and it can make significant budget allocation to the Ministry of Urban Development to support State Transport Undertakings in procuring Buses with other fuels like CNG, Diesel, Biofuel etc. This would also lead to reviving demand for commercial vehicle.

Disclaimer –
This document is meant for the recipient only for use as intended and not for circulation. This document should not be reproduced or copied or made available to others. The information contained herein is from the public domain or sources believed to be reliable. While reasonable care has been taken to ensure that information given is at the time believed to be fair and correct and opinions based thereupon are reasonable, due to the very nature of research it cannot be warranted or represented that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Also above note is not a recommendation to Buy or SELL and is only a view based on facts and figures and we will be in no way responsible for any losses incurred by anyone who uses this information to either trade or invests securities mentioned herein.